Labels

12.29.2015

2015 in Review Part I

Since the new year is just a few days away and I haven't posted in the 7 months since we moved to Washington I thought I'd do several posts to catch up on what life has been like since then.
After Sam graduated we packed up all our stuff and moved to Washington (just south of Tacoma). Sam's parent's helped us move out and spent a couple days here.
       We were lucky to move here when we did so we could enjoy the sunny summer months and explore the area. We live right by the sound and I loved walking down to the water in the evenings to see the sun set.
       The craziest thing is how much Scout has grown since we moved here. She was totally still a baby in May! She wasn't even walking yet!


Our house and neighborhood

sometimes that 96th percentile head gets too heavy 

visiting Alki Beach, one of our favorite places.


We can walk to the sound from our house and I love it! We've seen sea lions (or maybe seals-I don't know the difference) a few times.


One of my favorite spots where you can look out at the sound and Scout can watch the train pass by. There are a lot of trails throughout our neighborhood which are great for biking and walks.

The summer here was beautiful but really hot. The fact that no one has AC up here doesn't 








This is Scout standing for the first time ever! Obviously she's really proud of hers


Scout spent a lot of time in the bike trailer. I probably average a competitive 9mph with her.

Thank goodness for parks and walks. 

In July I drove to Boise and met my mom there to do the Goldilocks Century Ride. We'd attempted it in SLC in May but got sick of riding in the pouring rain by mile 64. This time we made the whole 100 miles and met Scout at mile 80 which was right by my in law's house. I went to Eagle Island with everyone and no surprise, got bit by a fish.








No comments:

Post a Comment