Labels

7.16.2012

Jenny Morgan







If only I'd kept my maiden name i would almost be Jenny Morgan. (Psh, I wish I could paint like that). I think I mentioned meeting Jenny Morgan several months ago while I was interning at Plus Gallery. Well she's had a show up this month at Plus and I finally got a chance to go look at it over the weekend. Her paintings look great on the computer but mean so much more in person. On the computer I identify the paintings as humans but in person they become an amazing dialogue of paint. Her layering, sanding, and the way she smears her beautifully painted faces creates discord but somehow her paintings remain unified. I love how she sands the "skin" down to the pink layer she started with. It echoes the vulnerability she's often trying to evoke in herself or her models. Go Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment