Labels

10.24.2011

Forced to Quit.


When it comes to working out some people have a hard time getting out of bed or finishing a program they start. That isn't me. Granted there are some days I REALLY loathe the fact that my alarm is going off at 5:30 or 6:00, I've always mange to get myself out of bed and to the gym, pool, road, etc.
Well, after a summer of running, biking, and swimming, I was sick of all that and wanted something different. So my sister gave me the insanity workouts. I started right when I got to Denver. The first four weeks are really hard workouts, then a week of recovery (not exactly easy workouts), then the last four weeks are max workouts (designed to fatigue you before the workout is even over). The second or third week I got sick but just made up what I missed the following week and continued through the first set of workouts, did the recovery and got to the Thursday of the first week of max workouts when I quickly came down with a terrible sore throat and cold. This put me out for the weekend and entire next week. I decided, I shouldn't start the max workouts again right away, so re-did the recovery week and last week re-did the first week of max workouts. Wednesday night hits. Stuffy nose. I told myself it was allergies and did Thursday's workout the next morning. Friday I tried doing another max workout and knew, yeah I am sick again! I decided not to work out Friday or Saturday so I could get better and tried starting up with the max workouts again today. Not happening.

As close as I got to the end (three weeks left) and as determined I have been to just finish the program, I should probably take a hint from my body and go back to the triathlon training that kept me from getting sick for the past three years. Au'Revoir Sean T. It's been real. (I miss being outside anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment