Labels

3.20.2015

Warm Kale Apricot Salad

This is my modified version of a zenbelly recipe. I like to post recipes on my blog so they are easy to access. 


Serves 2

1/2 an onion, thinly sliced
1 T light olive oil
Two chicken breasts, grilled and diced
4 pieces bacon, cooked and diced
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup pecans

Preheat the oven to 325
Sauté the onion in a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium low and let the onions caramelized for 40 minutes. 
Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, bacon, and apricots to the onions and stir to combine. Add the kale and stir to combine. Place a lid over the pan and let the kale steam until tender. 
Serve with toasted pecans on top.

I've tried this recipe with baby kale and (adult?) kale and I like the latter better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment